Thursday, February 13, 2014

Final Shootout Analysis

The shootout I am choosing to analyze is the final showdown between Blondie, Tuco, and Angel Eyes. Personally, this was the scene that had me sitting on the edge of my seat the most throughout the entire film. I think this is in part because during the entire film I was anticipating a scene like this to occur. The final shootout begins with various close, medium, and long shots between the three characters in order to build suspense. I was surprised how long it took for the characters to finally wield their weapons, but this only enhanced the scene even more. The suspenseful music and the close up shots really helped me connect with each character and the situation they were in. Bouncing from one character to the next, it was only a matter of time for bad ass Clint Eastwood to take action. Cigar in mouth, Blondie remained calm and confident, while Tuco and Angel Eyes had their eyes wondering from one character to the next. The most interesting part of the shootout was the fact that the shootout really only lasted a few seconds while the suspense was built for a few minutes. I could not help but notice how Angle Eyes and Tuco seemed rather frightened while Blondie remained in his usual confident state. This really stuck out to me when the close up shots only showed the eyes of each character.

No comments:

Post a Comment